Charter: History, Mission & Vision
Delta Elementary Charter School is located in the small rural community of Clarksburg, California. When the River Delta Unified School District announced its plans to close Clarksburg Elementary School at the end of the 2005-2006 school year, a group of interested citizens initiated a course of action that led to the creation of Delta Elementary Charter School. After a year of careful deliberation, planning, and hard work, the school opened on August 22, 2007, with an enrollment of 95 students and five teachers.
Mission Statement: River Charter Schools
The mission of River Charter Schools, a leading center of educational innovation, is to grow leaders and scholars, ignite a love of learning and equip each student with the knowledge, skills, character, and social-emotional well-being to thrive and contribute to an evolving and increasingly-connected world, through schools which;
- Promote belonging for all members of our collaborative school communities
- Transform teaching, learning, and operations in our continuing pursuit of excellence
- Are filled with teams of talented, well trained, adequately supported and caring staff
- Are connected with communities of volunteers, parents and business people to empower students and teachers through partnerships and positive relationships
- Rely upon responsible fiscal planning.